Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In Sri Lanka



It's actually desperately sad here. And the more I travel the more I sometimes hate the world.

But everything is still beautiful...

3 comments:

arbuckle said...

I know exactly what you mean.

To put it positively, it has been one of those things where my shallow infatuation kind of love for the world has been hit again and again which could lead to cynical bitterness, but if that is fought off then a deeper love can grow. That's the hope, or goal . . .

Scott said...

Phil,

I can understand what you are saying. The more i read the more i hate the world. We see all these things going on that are terrible. These images place thoughts in my mind that are numbing and painful. Then when I travel, I can see the pain that is in the newspapers and my heart aches for that, but I can also see the beauty in the people despite the pain, are they perfect, by no means, but they are beautiful in their own glorious ways. The more I travel, the more I love the world. I hate the bad actors that are bringing such pain and desperation into it, I hate the decisions that some people make to worsen their condition, but I cant help but love who they are in spite of what they have been through. Makes me want to be a better man

praveen said...

Aitken Spence Travels is Leading Destination Management Company (DMC) in Sri Lanka; overseas travel services and tour operator offering shore excursions and stopover holiday programmes in Sri Lanka for cruise lines and airlines; a leader in Sri Lankan travel, organising tour packages for travel in Sri Lanka with nature trails, safaris, bird watching, water sports, beach, culture and historical sites.