Constance (my wife) got hired back in the spring with this Thai foundation, which keeps at-risk girls in school and away from traffickers (in addition to other community-building activities). She'll head fundraising, maintaining and expanding an existing network of international donors. I'll teach an English class, and contribute web and fundraising content. We'll spend considerable time in Bangkok, but mostly live in this town:

It's called Phayao, in the north. It's beautiful and probably interesting and has some problems. It's near Chiang Mai, which is larger and a famous expat destination. Phayao isn't even listed in Lonely Planet, but this guy thinks it has great food.
I'll also spend the days running this new business idea (hire me), and continuing work on the novel (it's coming along.. really.. believe me.. it is). I'll update more on that later.
That's about the extent of the details we know, and that's the adventure of it.
This blog will be largely about that experience.. (plus, irresistibly, about my thoughts on politics, culture, travel, religion, etc. — even if only in an imaginative attempt to stay apart of the national American conversation while a world away).
No comments:
Post a Comment