Tuesday, August 26, 2008

softball mittens; surly.

News:
  • Cat Osterman and the softball Olympians lost for the first time in like a billion games since Barcelona. I've seen Cat pitch like a billion innings, and it's an odd feeling every time she isn't perfect. Gotta be a sour taste, as the softball is now dropped from the Olympics. But if lack of competition had anything to do with that, maybe this will be just what softball needs. Read Cat's mom's blog final conclusions here.
  • We leave for Siam on Saturday.
  • Con and I got a bunch of pots and stuff for getting married. Thank you everyone.
  • My sister and I swam the entire length of Barton Springs. Suck on that Phelps.
  • Blogging every day is more difficult than I expected.

  • He could be nothing more than a gasbag, but Joe Biden comes off as impressive in the debates. I like him as VP.
  • I hate it when political discussion digresses into name-calling. It's distracting and stupid. But "Mittens" for VP makes me giggle every time.
  • Here's something fun: Yesterday, the front pages of both the RNC and DNC websites didn't mention John McCain a single time (the theory being that the GOP is trying to turn the election into a referendum on Obama, and that alternatively, that the DNC actually likes its candidate).
  • This is my favorite picture I took in Africa:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you call it Siam these days?