Friday, June 12, 2009

Somewhere in South Asia...

.. a year ago.

I promise to do whatever's necessary to help you...


– To see beauty where you otherwise do not.
– To embrace sadness around us.

– To see the art of the design of the world.
– And to grow in the confusion.


I promise to encourage you...

– To embrace transformation
.
–To love grace, to think in God's rhythms, to breathe in abundance.
– To...
[something surely profound, cept I was nervous and giddy and shaking while writing these on a napkin in the hallway before our wedding (like a true elopement), and couldn't read my own handwriting. It was probably about her hair. I love, love, love her hair. Or maybe her laugh, or her tenacity. Roll that word around on your tongue—her ethereal tenacity. Those words don't even go together, but it's her.]
– To strive hard after that which about us is our best
.
– I promise to die every day so that we may live .
— You and me, side by side, knowing that I am more alive with you as my wife.
These are my sexy* vows.

*sexy** is the new solemn.
**we made mike say this.

The link.

3 comments:

emily rose said...

glorious. I'm such a fan of the story God is orchestrating with you and Con. happy anniversary!

arbuckle said...

Very cool. Happy anniversary. We're approaching #5--kinda crazy.

Marie Orchard said...

despite what you may think, i love love love your story - even though as the mama (one of...) it was hard not to feel left out at the time. but it is indeed beautiful and romantic, full of love, hope, adventure and promise. how can i not love you both all the more???